Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, April 4, 2016

ANZA LIFE!!

Oh my goodness Anza life is so much different than any where else I have served! As you will see in the pictures it is pretty much farm country! I love it! So much has happened, and I was kinda in a culture shock because I didn't know how to do missionary work, but Sister Rodriguez is helping me and I am so grateful she is my companion! oh yeah and I found out that I am not going to be a Sister Training Leader, which is good because we have so much work up here to do and so little time! I am so excited for this adventure

Monday: Was the most exhausting day ever! I was ready to pass out! Also I am really glad that Sister Rodriguez knows where she is going, because if it were up to me I would be getting lost! Any who Pretty much Monday was full of packing and unpacking and getting to know our ward mission leader....come to find out he knows a family that is from Hooper :) and it happens to be someone that I know! Small world after all :D

Tuesday: I met a few of our Investigators and I found out that we have a baptism on Sunday! His name is Jim and  he is so sweet! His brother is coming from St. George and he hasn't seen him in over 10 years! Awe so great!

Wednesday: So the biggest thing that happened was we went to a members house, and she hardly spoke English....So my little Spanish Skills were coming in..I might be able to hold a conversation one of these days! She said that we should teach an English class. That would be so great for all of the people here! there are 7,900 people in Anza and some don't speak English and so I think this would be a great finding tool! I am really excited to get that going!

Thursday: We planned....I am learning a lot about the people, but I need to see their faces! It will all come in time! I did get to meet Zach on of our Investigators. he is 18 and is going to be baptized on the 17th! He can't wait!

Friday: We drove 45 min. to get to District Development Meeting :D it was such a beautiful drive! oh my goodness! But with the meeting and drive time it took us 3 1/2 hours to get back home and start working! Good thing we only go down the hill every other week!

Saturday: Conference was amazing! I loved it so much! It was only us and the high council guy that was watching it with us in Anza and it was so nice :) but I wish we could have gotten people there! oh well! we were able to do service and that was a lot of fun! we got to wear great hats...but I forgot to bring my camera :/ it was so fun! Then we went to teach Jim. He is so great! oh and a great story!! So there is a member that assigned herself to be a visiting teacher to a guy that had is record removed...she goes to see him faithfully! and Saturday was his birthday and Eric's Birthday! :D My nephew turned 12! Awe! I can't believe it! oh man :) oh sorry back to my story so this member got a text from the guy she goes to visit teach and it said, "could you give me the missionaries phone number? I want start taking the lessons again and my girlfriend does too!" WHAT!!!!! So no matter what do your visiting teaching!!! it was so amazing!

Sunday: Conference was amazing! Sister Blanchard came up for Jim's baptism and because it is so far away her new companion (Sister Garlitz) Got to come too! Awe So great! The baptism was amazing and the Branch was really excited when they found out that I play the Piano...they were so excited....I am kinda scared because I don't really get a lot of time to practice.....but it's fine :) I guess this is the Lord telling me to share the few talents I have! After Jim was baptized the Branch President came out and said, "because Jim's brother is here from St. George. He will get confirmed today!" All of us missionaries kinda freaked out because it is suppose to happen during Sacrament meeting! We called our mission President and he said that he would talk to him about that....but hey! It was really great to see Jim's Brother Baptize and Confirm him :) It was so sweet!

Well I feel bad this is a long one, but all is well :) So many dogs have tried to eat me, but I am still in one piece! Love  ya'll! Hope you have a great week!

Jim is the one on the left 








Love,
Sister Moore

p.s. sorry this came late...computer probs... love ya'lll!

No comments:

Post a Comment