Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, April 18, 2016

Mud Puddles, Must Follow the Spirit, Multi-Zones, Mouse Murder, and Baptizing Mountain Nations!

Well this week was really full of Following the Spirit! Awe where to even begin :)
Monday: I learned Parcor!! I can now roll on the ground and not hurt myself too bad :) haha it was fun! I will send an email just of Parcor Randy teaching me. Be sure to zoom in close on Randy's face because really it says it all! So funnny! talk about disappointment

Tuesday: We had Multi-Zones and it was a lot of fun! I had to Roll play with President Mullen because I lost at noes-goes.... :./ but I lived!  Also we won car inspections! :D After we had Multi-Zones we had to go shopping because we were already down there. But doing so we were running late for dinner! I felt so bad that we were an hour late! I was so tired and couldn't even think! But We went and ate a 30 min dinner and then went to teach Kyle. He is so great! I love this kid! he is 22 and is so amazing! He really wants to get close to God again. at one point during the Lesson he teared up and said, "I know that the Book of Mormon is True." AWE It was so amazing!

Wednesday: Crazy day.... We taught the Scouts and they let us teach the last 15 mins...and their intention span was shot! Man I know how to work with kids and trying to get them to sit for 15 mins after giving them sugar doesn't work! However, we taught them how to pray. Later in the week we talked to Brother Foleono (our Branch Mission Leader) and he said that one of the scouts (that isn't a member) came over to his house to play with his son. When it was time for dinner they asked if someone would like to say the prayer. The little scout said, "I want to say the prayer! I learned how to pray!" Awe it was so great!

Thursday: We planned...and cut planning short because we had to teach Zach! We haven't been able to meet with him in a while and with his Baptism on the 17th we were really worried about him....We talked about the big commitment that he is making and he felt ready and the Spirit testified to me that he was ready. It was such a great experience! Which was exactly what we needed because two people dropped us this day...it was hard....but I know that the Lord is preparing people for us to find!
   So we walked...and walked....and walked....and walked...and walked...and walked....and you guessed it we walked!!! We were so tired and we were already running late for dinner....but the spirit just kept prompting us to keep walking. and No the Primary children did Not sing as we walked! as we got to the top of the hill we saw a locked gate...We wanted to cry....but instead we took some sad selfies and turned around and walked back. As we were walking we were talking about why we needed to go up there...and we came to three conclusions. 1- God wanted us to prove Him that we will follow Promptings of the Spirit. 2-Maybe we weren't suppose to be some where, so Heavenly Father was just keeping us safe. 3- (this idea was from Sister Rodriguez) Maybe we had to walk all that way so that we could meet someone on the way down....not even 10 mins later we met LaLo :D he is Spanish Speaking so we had to pass him over. However I still contacted him with my best Spanish skills and I think he understood! I was able to ask for his name and yeah :) it was so amazing to see the Lord use us :D

Friday: We started teaching a Buddhist lady. She is really sweet! then we taught a man that just lost his mother....so he really wanted us to come back! and Zach is all ready for baptism!

Saturday: we had a women's stake conference thing. Our mission President's wife came. I love Sister Mullen so much! She is so great! we then came back to Anza and taught a stubborn less active.....some people's children....we also caught a mouse :) and killed it! I wish we could have a cat....

Sunday: ZACH GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was so great! it only took 30 mins! I had to play the piano and I really could use an easy hymn book....I messed up....ugh! I am the only one that knows how to play though....so they use what they have! We had a potluck after and it was so amazing! AWE :D I love helping people come closer to Christ!!!

This week was really a great week! So much happened!

I love ya'll so much! hope you have the best week ever! Stay Close to Christ!

Love,
Sister Moore


1471- Multi-zone

1476-AP stealing my phone and taking random Selfies 

1484-Mudding after winning car inspections 

1486-Which way do we go! 


1489-1490-walking....

1492-lunch with Sister Mullen and other Sisters :D 

1497-the mouse...we named him Frank 

1507-Zach got baptized! He looks like Elvis

1512-Just keep walking the spirit said....and we obeyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment