Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, February 1, 2016

Another day with sun, rain, and wind!

Talk about a weird week! I just feel like it went by in a blink and that I was just sitting here yesterday emailing you all! I want/need time to slow down!!! AWE!!!

Tuesday: We had DDM and we had an Assistant to the President come and tell us that we were doing a great job and that he can tell we are on fire! We have been trying so hard and...no baptisms....I know that there is so much potential in this area! it is time to reflect and think about what I can do better, so that when we do find those that are ready to receive the gospel then we will be ready too! After DDM We went and got subway sandwiches and it was so good! WE went and tried a few people...but nothing....then dinner finally came! with the Kinder family! I ate so many pieces of garlic bread...man....I'm hungry.... :/ any who we went and taught a 11 year old boy named Noah (different from the last Noah). His grandmother is a member want wants both of them to learn more about the gospel! then we went to Young women New Beginnings to support a YW that was singing. She did a great job!

Wednesday: Sister Greenman came with us to a lesson with Lorenzo! It went so great! He really wanted to learn how to pray on his knees. The whole lesson was about prayer and how we can come to know our Savior and Heavenly Father more. He is just awesome! We still haven't told him that he is named after a prophet yet...but we will!! Then we had lunch with Sister Greenman and her daughter Devon. They are just the cutest family ever!! then we were off and went on splits! I went with the Relief Society President and we tried a few people, but then we got in with a less active that has been struggling. She talked with us and told us, "Thank you for making my day!" She is really sweet! We just have to get her to church! And then we went to an appointment with a different less active, we were a little late..... :/ but that's okay Sister Rogers was really nice and really wanted to come back to church. She has really bad anxiety over not knowing the building and not knowing the people there. Then the spirit whispered to me, "she needs to go on a church tour." so I said, "We can show you the building so that you know where you are going." Her face lit up and said, "I would love that!" We we set that day up and then we went to go get Sister Pielstick. We went and had a bathroom break at another less active that lives close to where we keep our bikes. Right before we left the daughter of the family that is 16 asked, "Is it possible for me to go on a mission?" AWE!!! It was awesome! She has been coming to youth activities and has loved it! She has great friends in the ward now and I hope she still plans on going on a mission! And they also gave us a Chocolate chip muffin....man I really could use a snack.... We then walked a lot! and met Lisa :) She had so many questions and wanted us to come back! Then we walked and walked....and then DINNER!!! With Cara :) I love her! She is moving to Utah for school in July or something so she promised me that she would be at my welcome home! :D I love her! any who then we went on splits again :) I went with Cara. 1st we went and sang Happy Birthday to a YW in the ward :) and then we tried a few people with little success :( no one answered except one person that really wasn't interested :/ oh well! We taught a part-member family Deserae. I love her! She promised that she would read and pray and go to church for the next two weeks! She is also planning on coming to Utah so that she can milk a cow :)

Thursday: We planned..and planned....and planned some more! Sometimes I feel like I loose my mind!! :D haha but it is all good! We just plan for so many people! Then We went and picked up Sister Rogers for her church tour with Brother and Sister Davis. It was so great! In the tour she said, "I will come this Sunday." and then we taught Rick...yeah....he kinda has ADHD and is all over the place and his language is not the best! :/ but he said we could come back and teach him! Then we made snowflakes with Sister Greenman, and then had dinner :) then we had a meeting.

Friday: We started our morning off with Service with Sister Greenman! Then we had lunch with her again :) I just love her! and then she drove us to an appointment with Noah! Our ward mission leader Brother Stegeman! He is so great! Seriously our ward is just the best! any who the lesson was kinda all over the place, but Noah is really interested! and their dog peed all over Sister Pielstick :) hehe....watch now I will get peed on this week...oh well haha :) and then we walked to the Toli's and then we had to go help our bishop figure things out for a member that is homeless, but we found her a place to stay!! Then we had dinner with the Vincents! They have only been married 6 months both return missionaries. And the Love us so much! They always want to help us, feed us (and they give us MT. Dew!) and will come out with us! Then we went on splits again! I taught Cody and that went well and then we went home.

Saturday: We woke up had studies and then had to go to a brunch for our Relief Society! They had a "Give and Get" that is where you bring old stuff you dont want and trade it for something you need/want. I GOT A BLENDER!! I was so excited and I might even bring it home! It is like a magic Bullet!! AWE !!! And then we ran to a baptism for a different ward because we thought Lorenzo was going to be here, but he had to cancel....so that was good. then we went out to lunch with Cara :) and then we had all of the missionaries come into our area and walk for an hour....but some elders were actually not in our area..but hey they found people! So that is good :) haha and then we had a lesson with Lisa...but we got there and she said, "I actually am really good with my religion right now." :( so sad! She seemed so great! and then we had dinner and then we didnt have a team up so we cleaned our car because it smelled like BO and Elders.... :/ we had to switch cars.... oh well it smells nice now :) and the cars name is Roxy :) haha

Sunday: We were sitting in Sacrament meeting and.....Cody, Richard, and Deserae came to church!! and Sister Rogers came and Noah's Grandma( but no Noah)! We were so full! We almost had to open the over flow! :D It is so great! and then we were sitting and guess what :) We got called out and we had to speak! WHAT!!! we found out when we were sitting there with people...We mad it work so It wasn't too bad haha :) and then after church it was raining so much and so windy that We couldn't ride bikes we only had enough miles to go home, and so we walked...and walked...and talked to one person! any who then we had breakfast for dinner and the best cookies ever! I love food so much....man....still hungry...then we taught Richard.

Well I love you all and hope that you have the best week ever!!! Can't believe that it is February already!! I love this area! This is the last week of Transfers and I might get moved....I hope not because I can feel a baptism coming on..We are so close!!! I love this work, and this gospel!

Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment