Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, January 25, 2016

I love this work!





This week we were working so hard that I wasn't able to write in my journal very much, but that's okay :) I will do my best to remember what happens :) also my companion might help me out too :)

Tuesday: all of our appointments canceled besides dinner...We were also able to help out a less active prepare for a party! It was great and we were able to talk to a few non-members and really show them that we are here to serve as Christ did! Dinner was so great too! AWE :D Can't even explain how good food is!

Wednesday: was a really long day...we had to wake up early...at 6 am..it was so hard! It really shouldn't have been so hard.....but We did it! We woke up and went to a car inspection, then the missionary broadcast! all of the missionaries all around the world were watching it together (unless ya know it was while they were sleeping then they would watch it later). It was amazing! We talked about our purpose as missionaries and how we need to invite people to repent! Repentance isn't meant to be a scary thing! It is you turning towards Christ, and changing to alien your will with Heavenly Father! It was really cool too because missionaries from Ogden Utah mission were in the broadcast and had a discussion with Elder Bednar, Elder Oaks, and Elder Nielsen. Elder Nielsen came and visited our mission last year and it was so great! any who....after that we had lunch :) and then we had a Multi-zone training that always takes a few hours....so we went out and tired to teach a potential, but he forgot about the appointment.... :( So we only had dinner again but it was with the Garnavicious family! I love them! They are a part member family and They love us coming over!

Thursday: the morning I was feeling so great! I was ready to do missionary work, and take on all the bible bashers! But then...I ate the salsa...It apparently was really old...but I ate it and so then my stomach was really upset with me....so I took a 2 hr nap and then got baby sat for the rest of the day...until dinner! But while I was being missionary watched I was sharing with them scriptures, and thoughts about the gospel and all that good stuff! it was pretty funny! I think they were done with me being there haha :) it was great! Dinner was so good! I made myself eat :) and it was worth it! I didnt' through up, but my stomach was still upset...and we had to go on the reservation that night too, so yeah...we went and did some service up there and it was great!

Friday: I really started to stress out! We walked a lot! As we were biking we came up behind this lady that was on a bike and we scared her...oops.... and then we went and taught Cody, that went great, but still dont know about a baptism date yet. then we went and had dinner with a member that just moved in and it went so great! she then drove us to meet our team up for the evening. Sister Vincent :) She is a return missionary and just got married and I love her! She is so great! She really understands missionary work! I can't wait to help out missionaries when I get home! It will be amazing! We taught a new investigator that has a lot of questions, and really wants to learn. He even brought a friend to the lesson and come to find out the girlfriend was the girl that we scared and she was a member!!! :D It was so cool!! and then that night we had exchanges...what I was nervous for all week! I stayed in Mt. View and Sister P left....I just dont like change very well, but It was fine :)

Saturday: Sister Cozzins We walked and talked for 3 hrs! All of the missionaries got together and we got to walk in my old area :) It was so much fun! I ran into a few people that I had taught before and we ran into a recent convert and they just got back from the temple doing baptisms for the dead! :) and I asked them when they were going through the temple and she told me that She would tell me when it was happening because "your going to be there" :) I felt so loved and I just almost started to cry! I loved hearing that they wanted me there! after that we went back to our area and taught Lorenzo :) We brought Sister Greenman and she was so great! She really shared her testimony of the gospel with him. and She started to tear up, and then Lorenzo gave her a hug! It was so great! after that lesson we taught a potential investigator....on our way there I got lost with our member...I was just feeling so inadequate...I dont know the streets well because I just let sister p figure it out because I thought that She would be here longer than me....and I just really felt small...We walking into the lesson and we werent late thank goodness! We went and taught the Restoration. As soon as we started talking Satan really got a hold of me and tried to make me feel like nothing. Like I wasn't doing anything right, and I just really questioned why I was out here! and then we started talking about prophets....I had the warmest feeling come over and and I knew that Heavenly Father was proud of me. I knew why I was there and I knew that I was trying my best! I know that this gospel is true! I know that my Father in Heaven is there and is aware of who I am. Also the Investigator was so amazing! She accepted baptism and really was looking for the information that was lost in the bible. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it! it was one of the best lessons that I have ever had!
  Then we went to dinner :) after dinner we went and tried some less actives and then we went to drop off a copy of the Book of Mormon to a new investigator...we ran out right before we taught him....kinda felt silly! haha no worries we got more! and then we went home :) It was so great to have sister p back! I love her so much! We work so hard and well together! It will be so hard to leave this area again...and sister p.....

Sunday: was a kinda weird day....haha after church we went and walked and tried to contact a few people. we were walking and walking then we walked by some teenage kids that were playing beer pong.....and smoking pot...ya know everyone needs the gospel right!?!? So we showed them a video and then we gave them to YSA. I learned so much that day haha :) and then we contacted a referral from the spanish sisters....and he used some very colorful words.... yeah...haha he said we could come back and next time we are going to bring his neighbor that is a member :) kinda excited! Then we had dinner with the garnavicious family again:) it was so good! I love them! Desire wants to come to Utah to milk a cow :) I can't wait haha :) Then we went on the reservation so that our less active member could receive a blessing from our bishop and another member that she knew.

Over all a great week! I made bread this morning and I loved it! I hope ya'll had a great week! l love you all!!

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment