Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, February 15, 2016

Trio Life!!!

It has been really interesting. Being in three is really not that hard in the teaching aspect, but juggling all of our differences is quite hilarious. My two companions are very into politics, and so I am really learning a lot and I laugh at some of the things they say! haha :D So far it is all a lot of fun :) I am really tired today though, and I forgot my Journal...so hopefully I can tell you all about my week and not forget anything!

Monday: Was weird. After I kinda Moved in we just hung out until the other sister came :) It was nice not being transferred as far! Once we were all together we went to dinner :) With the Bishop. I have met him before and he recognized me. I hope that is a good thing :) Then we tried a few people and got in with a less active family that seems so great! I pray they will come to church someday!

Tuesday: We went walking in the morning, and in the beginning we didn't find anyone....and we walked for a while....and then we met April! We shared with her the Video and she loved it! She then told us that she was looking for a good Church Family! AWE :D Blessings!!! It was so great to meet her! Then we taught an investigator named Tuila. She used to have a 1st edition Book of Mormon! But someone told her that she shouldn't have it because she wasn't a member...so she Sold it!!! So when the Sisters met her they gave her a copy, and it made her cry! Awe she was so sweet and I can't wait to teach her again! We then met a member and taught them a quick lesson! then we went to dinner :) Which was so good! We went out to eat at this little cafe called Abby's and I had the Banana walnut french toast! It was so sweet, but good :) then we did some service for a sister in the ward.

Wednesday: We taught a less active that is trying to figure out if Joseph Smith's account was true. She has been reading the Book of Mormon, praying. She loves when we come over and is very sweet! We then taught a new investigator! His name is Efrain :) He has a cute little family and he is also trying to find a good church family :) well I Think that this is a great church family! :D We are teaching him and his family again tonight too! Then we had dinner....can't remember what it was...Then we taught a part member family, but the no-member didn't seem too interested! I pray that one day he will see how much it will bless his life!

Thursday: planning :) It is all so different in a new area with different sisters that do things differently. :) kinda fun! one thing that didn't change was the popcorn! :D Then we taught a less active that I have met before when I went on exchanges about a year ago! Weird! Then we taught a sweet girl that is 13. She wants to be Baptized, but her mom won't let her ;/ Then we had dinner with a family of 10 children! They were all so great! then we taught an investigator....that wasn't willing to keep commitments... so we had to drop him.... One thing that I do want to share with ya'll is that if you truly want to find out if this church is the one true church, you have to read the Book of Mormon. and Ask in faith and be willing to act on the answer you get, then God will answer your prayers. Some things in the church we might not understand, but if we have a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ, and in the Book of Mormon, Heavenly Father will answer our prayers! In the right timing!

Friday: was full of blessings! We taught an awesome Less active, then we were able to meet up with Linda :) She refereed herself on the website, and we stopped by. When she came to the door she said, "I have been praying for an answer as to where God wants me to go, and then you shop up!" She was so excited! We only had a few min to teach her so we shared with her the Christmas video, and then we are planning to see her on Sunday. Then we had dinner :) Meat, veggies, and rolls :) Then we met with a family that was recently baptized (they were baptized last week!). Their spirit is so strong! I love them already!

Saturday: We taught Janet. She has been investigating the Church for a while, and she knows it is true, but she has a few things to work out. I hope that we can help her work towards baptism. Then as we were talking Sister Roberts felt a prompting to go and stop by someone's house that used to be an investigator. We were there for an hour, but she wasn't interested. Really awesome and said we could come back any time. She said she would even feed us! We also met a member later in the day was so sweet! We got to feed her Goats haha :) it reminded me of the goats we used to have at grandma's house!

Sunday: We had a huge regional conference instead of church...so it was hard to see who was there, but I was sure to meet Bear :D He seemed excited that I was going to teach him again. Well I hope he is because I am! I hope that the Lord can use me as a tool to help him make that step! Then we taught Linda again! SHE IS SO AMAZING!!! She wanted to get baptized that day! But she then realized that she needed to learn more...and then she told us...that she was moving...she is staying in Hemet, but not in our ward....:( I was so sad! But the Lord has prepared her and I can't wait to hear about her conversion! Then we had dinner and It was fun! Italian food is so good! It was a nice change from tacos :)

Sister Garlitz and Hermana Gomez is photo bombing

Sister Roberts :D 


Hope ya'll had a great week! Love you all so much!!
Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment