Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Devotional!!!

Happy Birthday Brennon!!! 17 years old!!!

This week was kinda slow...we took one and a half sick days....I hate being sick on the mission....but I learn something new every time!


Monday: last day of November...so weird.... We taught Bear and we started talking about doing God's will and keeping his commandments. Then Bear said, "I got an answer" It was so amazing! He really wants to do what Heavenly Father wants him to do. He said he would get baptized! I can't wait! It probably wont happen tell Jan. But I really don't care as long as it happens!

Tuesday: haha so I went to write in my journal, but I was so tired that I can hardly read what I wrote! haha we had dinner with Sister Goodbaudy. She is 91 years old :) We went out to eat and met her family. she has great great grandchildren! Love her! Then we went and taught a lesson and the lesson went in the opposite direction we thought it would. We planned to teach the Plan of Salvation, but ended up talking about the organization of the church. The person we were teaching learned about the church by a friend, and he said, "I want to become mormon" Well we can help with that! haha :)

Wednesday: We went to the temple :) But we were both kinda sick...but we didnt want to miss out on the temple! Then we came home had dinner....steak and potatoes! SO GOOD!!! Then we went and taught a member and shared the Christmas video :) and we taught a less active. All is well :)

Thursday: I slept for 15 hours.....it was awesome!

 Friday: We ate dinner with a member and every time we eat with her we get pizza, and not just once slice...it is two or three! and we have to eat ice cream...I feel so fat when I leave her house. But then a member came out with us so we could teach Richard and Martin. We taught Richard....I feel kinda bad.....He wasn't reading....He wasn't praying....and he wasn't going to Church!!! So I kinda yelled at him...He just wasnt getting it...and then he came to church and someone told him he couldnt come in...because we were just about to start sacrament...all he had to do was wait! Seriously.....So yes I kinda feel bad....but not really... We also taught Martin...he wasn't doing anything either...so we told him to read, and If he doesn't read then we can't come anymore... :( I really love that guy and it breaks my heart when they dont keep commitments and we have to drop them...It is rough...

Saturday: We went to help another set of missionaries find new people to teach! So all of the missionaries went in one ward and walked around. We met this really crazy guy named Earl (sorry grandpa...he was crazy not you ;) He kept telling us that he doesnt believe in God. Then he continued to tell us about all of the neighbors and who is home and who is not. He road his tricycle around with us and we talked...but he still wasn't interested by the time we went separate ways. Then we went to help a less active with their yard, but could only help for about 20 min....then we went to teach a lesson....that wasn't there....so then our bishop helped us fix our bikes! Which was so nice! Then we went to help a member move "heavy furniture" the freaked out When I picked up a dresser....it wasn't that heavy just awkward to hold. as we were moving Sister Pielstick looked at me and she didn't feel good....so we went home... :( and we were in for the rest of the night....and most of sunday. Our dinner appointment was so nice to pick us up soup and drop it off to us!

Sunday: I went to church with a member....but I was left alone for like two min.....I couldn't handle it! So I found a woman in the San Jacinto ward to hang out with me until Sacrament started....As a missionary...dont ever be alone!  Sister Pielstick stayed home sick with a member because we thought more people would be at church.....but we only had one....but that is better than none! Then I went home and we just sat.....and then went to the Christmas devotional! It was amazing! Everyone should watch it if you get the chance!

I love you all and Christ really is the lights of Christmas! The light is what brings us joy, happiness, and peace. I love this time of year!


Love,
Sister Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment