Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, December 14, 2015

One Trying Week



This week has been one of the hardest on my mission so far. I am excited to see the calm after the storm :)

Monday: I made a ginger bread house!! It was so much fun!!! I loved it :) Then we ate dinner and tried a few people, but no answers :) all is well :)

Tuesday: We had interviews with President Mullen and after the interview Sister Pielstick and I talked about what we have learned and we found out...we had just about the same interview! We asked him the same questions and got the same answer! It explains that why President Mullen laughed after I asked the question. Haha :) We are so much a like, but so different! We then went out walking and I just did not feel good...darn cold crap! We were talking with this one guy and he said, "I like to read people for example you (meaning me, sister moore) Want to leave because your feet are pointed away from me." This is why you don't go out when you are sick. Because you give people the wrong Idea! I wanted to sit and talk to him, but my body was yelling at me GO HOME!!! So that is what we did. We road our bikes to a members house. Sister Stegeman is a nurse so she gave me some really good drugs and man I was out! I had to stay in the next day....

Wednesday: I slept all morning...and hung out with Sister Mcguire (another sister that lives with us) and I slept while she made phone calls. Then we had a lesson that night so I got baby sat by sister Stegeman. :) I slept on the couch and I was in my pjs....it was weird, but my body was not going to let me get dressed just to sleep.....haha so it was a pretty good day.

Thursday: We got blessings in the morning from the elders because We are sick of being sick!! and then we went to the doctor for sister pielstick and all is well with her :) She is back to 100% and we are going to kill it this week! But because of the doctors visit and planning...we didnt have much time for anything else. We did go see a less active member that is having to get kicked out of her apartment! She has 3 kids and really is struggling! We prayed with her and then went out to dinner with a member :) It was so great!

Friday: So this day was really interesting...We went to go help the member that was moving and then we had a crazy miracle!! We got on our bikes and prayed for safety and we also asked Heavenly Father to please bless us so that we dont get rained on...so guess what! It literally haled all around us, but not on us! Members asked us "what did you do during the hale storm?" and we had no idea what they were talking about!! It was so great!! BLESSINGS!!!

Saturday: We got to be in a mini trio for a day :) Our sister training leaders are in a trio (three people in one companionship) so when the two Sister training leaders go out with other missionaries the third person (sister Babb) had to find another companionship to tag along with! So she came with us! IT was so fun! She is a spanish speaking missionary so she helped us contact all of the people that we couldn't talk to! We were in her area too, so that helped her find new people to teach too! We were walking and we started talking to this one nice lady. We asked if we could share a Christmas video with her and her family. She said she was really busy, but would take our card and if she had time she would call. So we gave her our card and she asked, "What is the name of your church? and what denomination are you?" We told her, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and we are Christian." We continue talking and she said that our church sounded so familiar! Then we said, "We are nicknamed the Mormons"  and she then replied, "Oh then take back your card or I will through it away. You dont believe in the bible!" I asked why she didnt like our religion and then she almost exploded and told us a lot of wrong things. Then sister Babb said, "we arent hear to cause confrontation, but if you ever do have questions we would love to answer them." and we left. So sad! Some people just dont know what we believe! Then that night we went to our ward Christmas Party and we had to sing a solo....yeah... We sand "When Joseph went to Bethlehem" We did okay, but really we only sang the first verse and it was interesting! then we went home  :D and something amazing Happened! it was so funny!! We got a knock at our door at like 9:30 pm....we went to answer it and it was a pizza lady. I said, "We didnt order this" and she said, "Zak" and waved and left. So we go inside and there is a note on the inside of the box and it says Happy Birthday Love, Zak. Sister Pielstick's friend sent her pizza for her birthday! (it was Sunday by the way) It was so cute!! and we got brownies :) Please do not do that for my birthday!! We have enough food!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday: was really hard....first I spoke in sacrament meeting and then we got a phone call that broke my heart...Bear wont be meeting with us anymore...It is a long story and my time is running out, but just yeah...It will all be well.....God has a plan for him and he will get baptized one day!!

This week was crazy come to think about it! But next week will be even better! I love you all so much and hope that you have the best week in the world!!! Thank you for the Birthday Wishes! You all are the best!!

Love,
Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment