Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, December 21, 2015

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes :)

I love you all so much! Yesterday was so great! We got a lot of cake...and candy...I might explode like a pinata! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!!

Okay are you ready for this :) a lot happened this week! Also If you want a Cali T-shirt send me your shirt size so that everyone can be wearing a Cali-t-shirt at the air port because that would be so amazing!!

Monday: We tried to go caroling with our bishops wife to a few people she visits, but no one was home :( But That's okay :) We have a lot of fun with her! She is great! Then we went to the Stegeman's and ate cake for Sister Pielstick's birthday :)  We are one week and three years a part or something like that haha :)

Tuesday: After we had DDM We had to run to another appointment with a woman named Suzette. As we were driving over there.. we saw her walking to the store....kinda a buzz kill but that's okay :) We were actually able to have a lunch so that was nice! Then we got on our bikes and were contacting potential investigator and while we were riding we scared this older guy with sparkly pink sun glasses. As we road past he asked Sister Pielstick, "Will you marry me?" She then said, "uh no sorry!" and we biked off. It was so funny!! While we were trying potentials we taught this man named Joshua. We have tried them so many times before that we just put them to the side, but then the spirit said go try again. SO we did :) and now he is going to learn more and he wants to find out the truth! He told us, "whenever you come over our house feels so calm. Even when you dont come inside, I still feel this calmness." We asked him if he wanted that feeling all the time, and we could help him with that! It was amazing!! Then we taught a cute couple that are 7th day Adventists. They really wanted to learn more because the wife's brother was just baptized into our church. They were so sweet! We then got a ride from a member to another lesson.The member couldn't stay with us because they had something going on. So they dropped us off and we went to the gate so that the people we were teaching could let us in. But in that moment they canceled...it was dark, and the member left already. So we waked to another members house that was close by. It was cold and so on the way over we were praying Please have hot chocolate! We went and knocked on the door they let us in and...gave us hot chocolate! It was amazing! Then we had dinner with a part member family and we had a blast!

Wednesday: We had a miracle!! So many this week! We had a member planning on coming out with us, but then she bailed last min! If we dont have a team up we have to go home...and it sucks!!!  But a lovely daughter of God was able to come out with us! We found two new people to teach and it was amazing!

Thursday: We didn't die! We road our bikes on a fast road with no sidewalk...yeah it was dumb....but now we know a safer way :) and we found a new part of our area that we hadn't talked to before! Also we ran into some people that at first were very very...not interested...but then I started talking to them about 4-wheelers and hunting and we were able to leave on a good note :) and they took our card :) It was fun! Then we went and had dinner...they picked us up and dropped us off somewhere for dinner. They payed for the food and stuff, but we had to walk to another appointment. I was so glad that I chose to ware my bigger jacket! Then we had the best lesson ever!! We taught Anthony and he had so many questions about adam and eve. We can't wait to go back!!!

Friday: I have felt a little off all week...and today a member kinda picked up on it. She gave me the biggest hug, and I almost started to cry. While we were on bike I just broke down and cried to my Heavenly Father and asked what I was doing wrong. I wasn't braking any rules, I was trying my best, and I wasn't being lazy! All day I thought about this all day! I realized that I needed to rely more on my Father in Heaven to guide me. I know that through Him all of our burdens will be lifted. We just have to sit back and remember that He is our Father, He loves us and wants us to be happy. it is only through Him that we can be happy. I am so grateful for my Savior and the power of prayer!
  We were able to meet with a less active family that really needs our help! I love them, but one of the little girls cries whenever she thinks about Jesus' birth. She said, "He died so it makes me sad" We are going to go over and show their family the Joy in the Savior's life!

Saturday; We had a pizza box lunch thing it was so good! So much pizza!!! then we had dinner with the Sii's and he makes the best food ever! Everyone bailed on us/didn't answer the door/got antied...kinda lame...oh well :) Sii food made it better!!

Sunday: Was my birthday, but it didn't feel any different! A lot of members from our ward gave us candy and a cake! It was so fun! We had a young woman take us out and she had so much fun! She wants to come back out with us again soon!

Monday: Today we went bowling! I am so bad at bowling..that college class didn't help at all! haha :) I had fun thought! I can't wait for next week because I get to skype home and it's Christmas!!! I am so excited! I love you all!!!

Let me know in the next couple weeks if and what sizes you want for t-shirts :) dont feel bad about the money part! Love you !!

Sister Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment