Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween :D AND BAPTISM!


What a great, hard, and trying week. However, so many blessings come to those that pray and work hard! :D Keep reading the scriptures and love the Lord!

  Tuesday: Sister Pielstick had to go to the Orthodontist because she broke her retainer... that awkward moment....haha jk! While she was gone I went out with a member Sister Sii (ii says e-e so it's like you se-e ya gotta say it right;) We had so much fun! She is a convert to the church and she has the funnest personality ever!  Also, she knows Spanish so when we met people that I couldn't talk to it worked out really well :) We met a preacher from another faith....we tried to go, but he kept talking...and talking...and talking...Then I had the Bishop's wife come out with me for a while too. Seriously We have the best ward ever! awe :) That night I went to Spanish land with Hermana Ruthaford.

Wednesday: I learned so much, yes I can understand Spanish....but it is only by the spirit! haha :) I also learned how to contact people in Spanish...it is still a work in progress, but I will figure it out before I leave :D

Thursday: So many people are flakes...all of our appointments fell through! everyone of them! Even our back ups didn't work! and of course we planned....and made Frozen heart cookies...yeah I'm cool like that... ;)

Friday: Was the best day ever! We only taught  one lesson to a member family, but it was awesome! Before that we were riding around and stopping by potentials Investigators house....found out they were actually members....really awkward! haha :) We go back to our bikes to find that....Sister Pielstick has another flat! We start to walk back, but then.....the heavens open and a silver Dodge truck comes driving down the street.....it was another potential investigator! We invited them to the trunk or treat and they want us to come back! I can't wait!!! :D God is totally in control of our lives! We then walked to another  members house (the Crouch family.....they have 8 kids....best family ever!) and they helped us fix our bikes, gave us a few referrals and off we went! The referrals weren't very nice....but that's okay :) Then we went back home and helped with the ward party! It was a huge success! We invited a few potential investigators and they came! It was amazing! Ward parties are not for the ward....it is for investigators that need fellowship and need that contact with the church! One of people we invited was Kelly. He is so great! He saw us after the party and came over to talk to us. He continued to tell us that he was a member of the church, but he struggled with a few things. For some reason he thought all Mormons are racist.... dumb! But he, and his family, have been going through a hard time. And when we came up to talk to him he said, "It was like a breath of Fresh air." It felt so good :) he wants us to come back on Wednesday :D Can't wait!!!

Saturday: We taught Martin. He is going to be baptized Dec 6th and is so sweet! He might go with us to a member's home for dinner tonight too! I sure hope so! then also I called a member, but had to leave a message....and at the end of the message I said, "...and we say these things.." haha so funny! Missionary Probs! haha :) We had dinner with another amazing family! They made us breakfast. Then they drove us to the stake center and we watched the Best two years :) because we couldn't be out past 6....so we partied it up!!! Noah was not able to get baptized....because the mom kept flaking out on us.....she kept getting labor pains or something.... :(


Sunday: Cody, and Noah Came to church! They are both learning so much! I love it! after church We studied and went to dinner :) then I got to go to Corona for a baptism! Betty that is 90 years old got baptized! I was so excited! AWE!!!!! :D She was so excited to see me :) and I loved seeing her :) I just didn't want to let her go :D When I came back apparently Sister Pielstick had a few people not be very nice to her....darn people!!!! Be nice!! this is God's work!!!

This week was hard because people kept flaking on us....But this week will be much better :) I look forward to see how much the Lord loves the people here! I love this work!!!

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment