Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Friday, November 20, 2015

COLD!!!!!!




I really think that I am about to freeze!! I had to buy another jacket....it got to 50 Degrees!!!! SOOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really think it might snow or something because....really I might freeze!!!

Monday: We taught Bear....his lessons are always so long! He said he would come to church this Sunday in our ward!

Tuesday: We had a training by our mission president on how to use the new Christmas video :) I am so excited for the Holidays! on the Saturday after Thanks Giving we are going to a members house to decorate their tree for "service" It might be more of a service for us than anything...haha :) any who we then went to a members house and helped her paint/did her dishes. She is so great! She has four kids and going to school full time! AND she tries to help us every chance we get!  We then did studies and walked around and then went to a lesson with two new investigators! They work with a lot of members. They seemed really excited to learn more and the member that came with us/works with them. Shared a powerful testimony about how the gospel blessed his life and his family's life! So awesome! Then we had to bike in the dark to our dinner.....when we got their the member told us, "NO! You are not riding your bikes home in the dark! Park them inside my house and I will take you where ever you need to go after dinner." She is so great :) it was the same member we helped paint :) We really have the best ward ever!!

Wednesday: In the morning all the sisters we live with (there are 4 of us all together) went running :) It was fun running with everyone! So fun :) We then had the opportunity to plan....all morning long :) it was a crazy day....then we went out and walked around. We picked a place to walk and right as we locked our bikes a woman came around the corner and we started talking. My hair kept blowing everywhere because of the wind so she came up to me and moved the hair out of my face....slowly....then she just looked at me....I really thought she might kiss me it was scary! Then she gave us each like three hugs and that is when we could smell it...alcohol.....haha she was so drunk!!! She stood back and almost fell over and when she gave me one last lingering hug I looked at my companion in desperation and she was just laughing!!! We gave her our card....so who knows what will happen haha :) Then later we were biking and this creepy homeless guy started talking to us as we road away and he asked, "Can I come with?" I said, "If you can keep up!" and we peddled faster haha :) it was funny!  haha :)  then we taught our investigator Cody and a part-member family. They went well :)

Thursday: We had ZDM Normally it is on Tuesday, but one of our Zone Leaders had to go to San Diego for an investigator that went through the temple! Lucky duck.... So we had a great training....I was a little distracting.....We just have so many investigators that have the weirdest problems ever! Then we went and did some more training and had mac and Cheese!  and we taught Noah and Richard.....both were interesting... Richard told us he would come to church...but didn't...the stinker......

Friday: We had fish tacos! They were so good :D the Sii family is the best and bro. Sii is the best cook ever! awe :)

Saturday: 10 months in the field!! and transfer calls :) We are staying in Mt. view! :D thank goodness! We were walking around and a lady ran up to us and said, " I want to get baptized!" WHAT!!! That never happens!!!! So we got her number and she said she wanted to be baptized on Sunday because on Monday she was moving to Texas. It doesn't really work that way...so hopefully we can get her new address and send her down to Texas!!  :D  Then we meet a drunk guy...and his friend was smoking pot :) it was great! Just another day in San Jacinto haha :) Oh and I found out that my last companion Sister McCulloch is training :) I am so excited! AWE :D
Sunday: Bear came to Church!!!! awe I was praying so hard for one of our investigators to come to church! we have 7 that we wanted to come....and he was the only one! I wanted to hug him and tell him how grateful I was for him coming :) Because I know that this gospel will bless his life!!! We also got Samoan food for dinner :) So good! We are learning Samoan too :) Talofa! (hello) haha :) we are learning Silent night so cool :) Then she gave us food and we ended up giving it another homeless lady that wanted us to come back and share our message with her :) We got her number and said we would call  her on Tuesday to meet :) She seemed nice :) Then we went home and ate reeses cheese cake :) It was the best!!!

Monday: today we are just waiting for new people to come in and old people to leave :) Crazy how much time flies! I love this work! and I can't wait to see how your week went :)

Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment