Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, August 31, 2015

Sunny In Cali :D


Seems like such a hot week! But we lived :D haha Our spirits great and we look forward to a great week!!

Monday: okay last Monday it seemed like we got nothing done! After we were done emailing we went to get new bike tires because we got 3 flats last week.... :/ and we are officially a bike only area! haha so we went there then we went to lunch. After Lunch we said good bye to Sister Bjork :( She was serving in the Spanish ward. She worked so hard and had a great enthusiastic personality! So then we were in a trio for about an hour and a half.....so we didn't get much done at the apartment because we had a dinner appointment soon after...oh well! haha :)

Tuesday: We set a side time to fix our bikes. I had one flat and Sister Mcculloch had 2 flats. I felt so proud of me because I fixed the tire all by myself! The pump was giving me trouble, but Sister Mcculloch figured it out :)   So after we fixed the bikes we were finishing lunch and then we heard "POP....(air blowing)" yes....Sister Mcculloch's back tire popped again!!! that was the 3rd tire she had to buy too! So we walked to Sister Young's to see if she could drive us to 6th street to get to the bike shop. The guys fixed it for her, and by that time it was time for dinner.....crazy missionary life!!!

Wednesday: Old People Day :) So Sister Burris (Spanish missionary) came out with us because her companion had to go to Riverside for a trainer meeting :) Also Eliza went out with us so we went on splits! I went with Eliza to old people day and it was so much fun! Most of them were sleeping...and we found out that one passed away :( But we got ice cream so that was good :D

Thursday: Planning day!! Everyone should really try having one day of planning the week out for 3 hours....you really get a lot more done in the week when you plan everything in detail! We also had DDM....we introduce our companions and man the Elders come up with some really random things to say bout your companion.....haha :D We had a team up later that night with a return missionary. She has been home for 4 months and I just love her! No one answered, but She is so fun!!!

Friday: Sad start off......we went to a funeral.....I broke down and just started to cry! I didnt even know the man very well, but it is just the family curse I guess.....big red eyes and all! After that and lunch we went off to work in 110 Degree Heat!!! :D We went to go visit Vicky, with Eliza. We road all the way down there and she didnt answer the door....(found out later that she just didnt hear us because she is really deaf!) So we went to go try a couple of other people. I ride off and then I hear Sister Mcculloch say, "Sister Moore!" I turn around and......she got another flat.....So we called Eliza's mom and she came picked us up and road all over Corona to find a new bike shop place! It took us two hours! haha :) Crazy California Traffic......Then dinner with Sister Young! She gave us so much food!! she fed us so much then she sent us home with a big cooler full of taco stuff, pie, ice cream! Seriously! SO much food! We hardly had to buy anything this week! Then she took us to the store to buy us a small 1 dollar watermelon, but she didnt just buy watermelon....she bought oranges, peaches, and cantaloupe.....I just love her!! We then Taught Troy. He was so tired though! haha his family is great! We are going to try and play baseball with their family next Monday!

Saturday: We got in with Vicky :) I love her and we committed her to coming to just Sacrament meeting next Sunday!! I sure hope she comes :D We got 3 referrals from a member and we are so excited to go visit these people! We are doing that tonight :) we also had dinner with the Spanish Sisters because they didnt have a dinner appointment either :) We had tacos because we had so much left over! and pie and ice cream :) ha it was so fun!!!

Sunday: We taught a Part-member/Less active family before church....they didnt end up coming, but they love us coming over! We went over and walked with Troy to church which was fun! He was in his suit jacket and black glasses and I felt that he was like our body guard haha :) Then in church we learned about how we receive revelation. We watched a video from Elder Bednar and it was amazing! If you don't know how the spirit talks to you then ask God and he will show you! so cool!

This mission as truly changed me for the better! I feel closer to my Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know more now how much they love us, how desperately I want to serve them, and how much I want to help others come unto Christ! It all starts with Faith and how we need to have faith in Christ because it is through Him that we are blessed, saved, and feel forgiveness :)  I love this gospel and I love all of  you! Hope you had a great week!

Love,
Sister Moore



No comments:

Post a Comment