Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, August 3, 2015

Dont forget to look at our blog!!!

Well ya know just another week here in Corona.....HOT Corona!!! man riding bike is hard, but a blessing! I find that we walk and talk a lot in this area! We are going forth with faith and trust in God!

Tuesday: We had Multi-Zone. We were in a meeting from 7 Am- 4 PM man it was powerful! The Mission President talked a lot about becoming a missionary. It is important for future missionaries to become missionaries instead of go on a mission. Elder David A. Bednar talked about Becoming a missionary. He is one awesome!! and I know that This talk would have changed my out look on missionaries. We also did a roll play and I learned a lot about myself as a teacher, trainer, and companion. I learned that I really dont like silent moments....I hate those weird pauses, but it is during those weird pauses that the spirit works on the investigator. I am not the best teacher....in fact probably the worst! But I need to allow the spirit to do its job! Also I got two packages from my mom :D Thanks MOM!!! all the Elders were sad that I wouldnt share the Jam with them :) heheheheh :D
    Later after the meeting we had an appointment with our new investigator Maria. She is so awesome. When we taught her....the spirit was there, but also the spirit was telling us to teach her something that we didnt prepare.....in a panic was just taught what we prepared.....DONT DO THAT!!! just follow the spirit because now we have to back track and ugh yeah....so learn from me to just follow the spirit!
  After dinner that night we went and walked past a few Less Active members houses. and one family we were trying to contact for weeks was finally home! We talked with her on her lawn, and when it came time to leave we asked if we could pray with her and she said, "No, I think we are good Thanks." What!?! Who doesnt want to pray I mean really? and then she said that she wanted to take us out to dinner sometime....Some people haha I mean it is God! Why not talk to him and tell him you love him!!!

Wednesday: During that morning we went and helped Sister Young with her dogs. She had to go to the vet to get them shots. She couldnt do it by herself because they are too crazy for her... But hey Service!

Thursday: a lot of planning. We got a Refferal form the church and guess what! It was a Part member family in our ward! We went over there and the two girls were soooo nice and wanted to meet with us! So excited to meet with them! So on this day Sister Mcculloch got a package. She got it at like 3 pm and wouldnt open it tell 9:30 at night because she is so awesome like that! Well that night when we opened it...her mom gave her a suit case and locked to suitcase! Man it wasnt even my package but I was dying! It was so heavy that there had to be something in it! So I got a push pin and a safety pin and guess what........I PICKED THE LOCK!!! :D I was so proud of myself :) haha any who.....back to the work.....

Friday: We planned to go walking and talking for hours but....it got too hot and we got dehydrated..... we had plans with a less active, but had to cancel because Sister Mcculloch didnt feel well....We went to our dinner appointment with the Church family! We ate on the floor because one time I said that would be fun :) So that was a blast!!! I love that family! They have a family of 5 children, Kiry, Jessie, Emmy, Joey, and Holland. Holland is 4 almost 5 and I love her to pieces. Today I told her, " can I kidnap you?" Her eyes got big, she ran to her mom and said, "mom can I have a sleep over with the missionaries!?!?!" I told her that I would come back in about a year and kidnap her :) So now when I see her she asks, "When are you going to kidnap me???" SO CUTE!!!

Saturday: We helped our bishop with his sons wedding. Found out that their son is marrying someone that is related to a family in Hooper :) small world right!! Marget Houton is who they are related too! haha crazyness!!! Oh and Saturday was Elder (white) Frost's Birthday! okay we have a Samoan Frost and a White frost, so he is White Frost. So we made him a cake and bought everyone frosties in our complex plus the spanish sisters :) We went to his house and sang Happy Birthday :) and to be funny we had brown frosties with a little bit of white on top :) So funny! I was dying :) haha

Sunday: ......bad news first......we got broken up with on the phone......we lost a family that was investigating the church.....on the plus side we got a referral from a member that sounds promising...
   Sacrament: I was feeling kinda down today, almost guilty.... for some reason I woke up with heavy shoulders. I prayed and prayed, read and read.....But I still couldnt get rid of this feeling.... and then I picked up the piece of bread. and it changed everything. It was right after I took the bread starting reading my Scriptures again and I felt every feeling of guilt, pain, or sorrow went away! The power of taking the sacrament is real! I am not perfect, I mess up all the time. Satin was really trying to get me down, but because I prayed and studied My savior brought joy and piece into my day!

The Lord is my light By Elder Quentin L. Cook: We must be rooted in Jesus Christ! We must also be humble and follow him in everyday life!

The Music of the Gospel By: Elder Anderson: " 'I can teach you to dance,' he said, 'but you have to hear the music.' " As a missionary I am going out and teaching people how to dance, and more importantly I am teaching them how to listen to the music! It is important for all of us to hear to music and know how to dance to it. We all have times where we dont understand a commandment, or a guideline, but as long as we keep dancing and look for the music, it will come!

I love you all and I hope you all had a great week! I love hearing from you!!! LOVE THE LORD!!!!!!!

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment