Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Week of Giving


This week I have felt the love for my Savior grow! I know he loves me and is proud of what I am doing in California. Some days come and go and I feel that I had accomplished nothing. Other days I feel that I have concurred the world. It is important to give our all each and every day no matter what comes our way!
    Monday: I told you all a lot what happened this day all ready. The only other thing I left out was that we played Mormon-opoly haha :) So fun! They have scriptures that you can look up as you play haha :)
     Tuesday: Like I said some days are slower than others. Sometimes lessons fall through, or we dont have a lesson planned for that day. We had a meeting with the missionaries in our District. During our meeting the guy in charge of the vehicles, Elder Puskis, came in and handed out car stuff to all the drivers. Then he turned to me handed me a set of screw drivers and said, "This is for our Sister Fix it" haha I almost died laughing! haha :)
     Wednesday: We were on exchanges......we walked and talked to a lot of people because our lessons fell through (meaning they didn't answer the door :(  oh well the work must go on! I learned From Sister Sterner that you can give partial  to your mission, or you can give your all! It is time now to give my whole life to our loving Heavenly Father!
     Thursday: We taught a young mother in the morning. We found out that she had been taught by missionaries before! She went to get her Book of Mormon and in it she had the Elders names written at the top...one Elders name was Elder Moore!!! WHAT!! haha how cool is that! I am ment to be serving in this ward for sure! After that lesson we planned for our week, helped a member pack because they are moving in a few months. Then we taught Hailey :) Man alive I love her and her Testimony is growing so fast! We asked her to invite her mom to church on sunday. We even practiced with her :) Sister Mathews' was Hailey and Hailey was her mom. She thought it was so fun and a great way for Hailey to see things from her mom's point of view! After that we had dinner, then a lesson with an investigator. She has a lot going on in her life, but she knows that she wants to get baptized! We hope she will be baptized in April before Sister Mathews goes home! We then went and talked to a referral that our Ward Mission Leader gave to us. We knocked on the door and he was so awesome!!! He told us to come back tomorrow a little earlier to teach his family!
      Friday: We went back to the guy's house^^that guy his name is Mike haha :) and no one answered the door....:( We were so bummed out! Oh well we went on with the work! Later in the evening we were driving to our Ward Mission Leader's home. As we were driving by Sister Mathews made eye contact with a man in a car. She said, "I think that's Mike!" We parked the car and saw that he TURNED HIS CAR AROUND!!! That never happens!!!! he said, "I am going out to get something to eat, but go talk to my wife she is home." WHAT!!!! BAM!!!! haha so we went and told the Ward Mission Leader and he told us to get over there. Come to find out that the family had been taught before! We got to know them and they are the nicest people! After that I saw that we got a text from a member in our ward. She told us that her son's non-member friend was there and to get our butts over there! So we ran over there and talked to him. Pretty cool kid he is 19 and is hilarious! We are having dinner with the member's on Wednesday, we invited him, and he said that he would try and come! Hope he does I will let ya'll know :) then the evening ended with teaching recent converts.
    Saturday: Today was the first day that we didn't have a single lesson! but we had Woman's Conference! Man....it was awesome! I was crying my eyes out! Something I learned in the MTC is that when you are listening to a talk don't write down what the people are saying, write down what the Spirit Reveals to you. Most powerful conference ever! I now see how I can give my whole heart to the Savior and still be me! I love the Lord more than ever and I want to show him that by Serving him! Then we ate cake :)
   Sunday: We met a new potential Investigator. He asked us a great question. He asked, "Does your church believe in Dinosaurs?" It was hilarious....I mean he does have a point, but I just never thought about it before haha :) any thoughts on the subject??
   Monday: And here we are to Monday :) WOW the week goes by so fast!

   If nothing else know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of you! It is our job here on earth to become closer to him! Heavenly Father is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever! Love you all! And I love hearing from you all!!!

Sister MOORE :D


No comments:

Post a Comment