Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Faster!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! This week has been so busy that I hope I can share with you all the amazing experiences that I have had this week! Thank you to all those that email me and send me packages or letters! It is so much fun getting mail during the week

Monday: It was very relaxing :D so what I needed to start off this busy week! I got a package from my sister Andrea with pictures of Christ and I love them all! I can't wait to start handing them out :D I also got a package from my Preschool class at Weber State...man a live I miss those kids! I miss all of you too, but I know that I will see you when I get home. There is a good chance that I wont see those kids again :( But hey I will see them in the next life!!

Tuesday: We did visits with a couple in our ward. They are so funny! They remind me of my brother and sister-in-law Blake and Alison. Haha :D they are adorable! the day was filled with Less Active visits. We met with a man that has been coming to church (that isn't a member). We showed up to his house without an appointment. We asked if we could come back and teach him more about our savior. he said, "I don't have time." We kept trying to set up some kind of appointment, but he was very strong in saying that he didnt have time to meet with us :( but he did try and feed us and give us a movie he was in haha :D

Wednesday: We taught a new Investigator. She is very sweet, but hard to understand :/ the spirit was there and she told us that she would come to church (but she didnt :( We will meet with her again on Wednesday. That afternoon we had an Easter Egg hunt! While the Primary Presidency went and hid the eggs they told Sister Mathews and I to keep the kids busy with songs, games, and what ever else we could think of! It didn't go well...I only had half the kids singing with me and the other half were running around haha so much fun!!!!

Thursday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC JONES (my nephew for those that don't know he turned 11!) Thursday was slower, but fully of appointments and meetings. We shared the Easter Video which is amazing! I love the video! The spirit is brought in as soon as you press play! You have to listen with your hear to be able to feel the spirit!

Friday: We had a meeting with our zone which went great! A little while after we went to a members home and shared the video with them and taught them how to share the video with a friend. the kids thought it was pretty fun when we Roll Played haha :) after we ran got gas, ate for 15 minutes then off the next appointment! so busy!!! This lesson with Investigators was amazing! They were going to come to church, but the wife's mother wanted them to go to her church for Easter. We are hoping for next week! They are the nicest family ever!!!

Saturday: CONFERENCE!!!! Loved every minute of it! during the 2 hour break we taught a lesson to a potential investigator who said she would bring her family to church!! So awesome! Later our day was filled with less actives and we tried so hard to get 3 investigators to church tomorrow!

Sunday: BAM WE GOT 3 INVESTIGATORS TO CONFERENCE!!!! oh and we watch conference at the stake center fyi! But they came!!!! WHAT!!! and it was the family we taught the day before! It was a mom and a sister (19) and a son (10) They stayed for the first session and we asked the son what he thought he said and i QUOTE!!! "It only felt like a half hour." What 10 year old says that about conference! He is awesome!!!

Back to Monday :) our home share went to Utah to watch conference and spend time with family. So no Mormon-opoly today :( oh well :D

Okay so now to explain Happy Faster :) In our home share there is a sign that says Happy Easter. If you look at it from a different angle I thought it said "Happy Faster" I laughed and then realized something....Through our Savior we can become Happy Faster. Through his loving Sacrifice for us we can become Happy through all challenges in life. So I hope you all take this to heart, lean on our Savior Every Day (not just Easter), and Become Happy Faster :D

Love you all so very much! I pray for you always!
Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment