Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 1 in the field!!



Picture of the home we are living in.


Wow I can't believe that it has been one week! Okay a lot has happened so bare with me while I try and write down all of my thoughts! So here we go....

Tuesday, January 27 Travel Day! We woke up at 2:30 AM (after falling asleep at 1:30 AM because of being excited!) got ready and were on the bus at 3:30. All of the sisters in our district were on the bus...but the elders not so much...we waited....and waited....they didnt show up tell 4:15!!!! What happened was the their alarm was set for 2:00 PM not AM :/ silly Elders...after the bus we got on the front runner, then trax, then the plane! Where I got to call my parents which was nice I loved talking to them! In all honesty it seems like I talked with them yesterday haha :) so as we are on the plane I couldnt fall asleep.. :( However When we got off the plane President Mullen was there and drove us to his house for breakfast and a nap!!! :D It was only 20 minutes and I dont think I fell asleep, but it felt nice :) after that we were sent to orientation...Where I honestly can't remember anything that was said....the oranges are good here though :) haha after lunch and them talking at us we had a driving test oh yeah Im in a car mission :) so my bike is sitting is storage. They tell me that there is a good possibility that I wont even use my bike...so I might try and sell it after the mission. Anyway. so after dinner we went to find out who our companion is :) Her name is sister Mathews. She is from Fielding UT (about an hour away from Hooper) and she returns home in April! Crazy!!!! I am her last companion because she is training me for two transfers! 

Day 1: We woke up and I felt I could sleep all day! My cold had taken over and my voice was very rough haha :) but  we went out and I met so many people! We are teaching a boy named JJ he is 10. He wants to get baptized, but his dad doesnt think he is ready yet....kinda a bummer, but hey maybe we can baptize the both together :D who knows! Next is Hailey (I spell it wrong every time!) When she talks to us she says that she could get baptized tomorrow! But when she goes home her mom kinda holds her back...We hope to talk to her mother soon! Darn parents ;) haha JK they just want the best for their kids :) hmm so every day after that was kinda the same. We went to members homes and less actives home and visited with them. 

Yesterday....super bowl sunday....I never thought I would hate super bowl sunday...it keeps everyone at parties and we didnt talk to a single family (except two members). so we go through all of the families on our list and just dont know where to go or what to do! so we just drove. My companion followed the spirit and parked the car. She said, "We need to pray." So we prayed to find someone out to talk to. We got out of the car and started to walk. We ran into two 16 year old boys! Talk about amazing!!!! We gave them our number, they knew where our church was and they said they would call us if they were interested! BAM! awesome! 

Besides that things are going slow. I am trying to hold my head high and say we can do anything! Sometimes however it is just hard to find people that are ready to be taught....

To answer some questions...The food is about the same as back home. It is so warm here! It is in the 70's!!! Me and my companion get along great! We have so much in common! it is crazy! 

Oh and my address is 5900 Grand AVE, Riverside California 92504. Send all letters here. it is the mission office and they will send me everything so then that way ya'll dont have to worry about my address changing :) I love you all and I pray for all of you! Read: Alma 32:5! :D Things are starting to happen and it is awesome! More pictures to come :)

Love, Sister Moore





No comments:

Post a Comment