Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Faith Like John Tanner

This week has been filled with the spirit and as brought many challenges to the mission! Sister Mathews has been sick, so in order for me to go out and teach I have to find a member to stay with her, and a member to go out with me! I feel that I called everyone in the ward! Finally about an hour before our first appointment I got everything figured out so that I could go out and teach! That day was a blessing! Now on to the rest of the week :)

Monday:
   Our p-day went by so fast! It seemed like I blinked and it was gone! We barely had time to finish everything we needed to do for the week! Also through email I got a great Idea from Elder Jacobson! He told me about how in his zone they are trying to give out 10,000 Book of Mormons in 65 days (because it took 65 days to finish printing the Book of Mormon)!!! He wrote how they have been trying to give a copy to members and encourage them to give the book to someone who needs in. Oh and they had to do it in two weeks! So that's what we did!!!!! With the few dinner appointments we were able to keep this week that is. Some were so willing to take the challenge to pray and find someone who needs the Book of Mormon. Others...you could tell were nervous!

Tuesday:
    Sister Mathews was still sick so I had a lot of time to study. I was able to have dinner with the Hasapes and bro Sanchez. They were so excited for the Book of Mormon Challenge! Brother and Sister Hasapes bother served missions so they love to help the missionaries! They were the first meal I had in the field as well! They are amazing! Tea is also really popular around here. I now know which teas are healthy for you :) Chamomile is one of them...it tastes gross! but it smells like fresh cut hay haha :)

Wednesday:
    We had to go into Riverside for a training. I got three letters and one package :) The package was from the Primary! Thank you so much! I felt so much love!! On this day we met a man named William. He is 84 and loves his family! We met with him on Friday.

Thursday:
   This is the day that Sister Mathews literally slept all day long!!! I had time to read, read, and read some more...until I couldnt focus any more. So I looked through our small library of movies. I found the John Tanner story. If you haven't watched It I strongly encourage EVERYONE to watch it! John Tanner was a self made wealthy man. He was originally Baptist until he started looking into the Mormon Church. He started reading the Book of Mormon. He knew it was the word of God! He was meeting with the missionaries and they asked him if he would be baptized. However John Tanner felt that he couldn't be baptized because he had a diseased leg that crippled him from being able to be baptized. The disease would soon kill him as well. The missionaries then asked if he had faith in Jesus Christ. If he had faith that the power of God was restored on the earth just as it was previously on the earth. John Tanner said that he did have faith in all those things! Then the missionary asked if John Tanner had faith to be healed? He said he did! The missionaries than Healed his leg and he was baptized that night!

   I had that desire to have faith as John Tanner did! I knew that I had faith in Jesus Christ. But did I have enough faith in him that I could be healed? I had this question and desire in my heart to have Faith like John Tanner. I prayed and prayed to my Father in Heaven to please help me have faith just as John Tanner did! My faith is still growing! Just as everybody's faith should! We should be working every day to build on to our testimony! If we don't then we are NOT coming closer to Christ! Sometimes I may write you sometime and give you a challenge. I write this because I want you to become closer to Christ!

Friday:
    HAILEY IS ON DATE!!!!!! She will be baptized on March 14th! I went and taught her with out Sister Mathews and the Spirit was so strong! She is 16 and wants to come closer to our Savior! AWE I LOVE HER!!! I met with William. He felt the spirit so strong! But he kept getting off topic....haha I told him of the first vision and he said, "Oh that reminds me of a dream  my mother had..." haha he is a sweet funny man.

Saturday:
    The Young Women made breakfast for a fundraiser. Hailey helped with that and she had so much fun! We also had a service project for Regina. She is a potential Investigator and needed help in her yard. We asked Missionaries to come help us. Some sisters are just afraid of getting dirty...haha it was funny :) I kept trying to catch a lizard...with little success :(  We have our first lesson with Regina on Saturday!

Sunday, We just stayed for Sacrament and Hailey come to our ward for the first time! So exciting! Then we went home and got Sister Mathews rested up and went to Lunch at the Garcia's! That was the only thing I ate all day and I was filled! For dessert they gave us Ice cream and Sopapias! TRY THEM!!!! If you take flower tortillas and cut them in triangles, fat fry them (it should only take a couple of seconds), then right after you take them out put powdered sugar and cinnamon on them! They were so good! This family even invited us to come stay with them once we were home from our missions! So awesome! They were hilarious!

Oh and on one of those days we hit a pole with our car haha it jumped out of no where!!! (it was dark and Sister Mathews didn't see it...oops) We rednecked it up! the tale light kept popping out so I got three plastic bags and tied them together to keep stuck to the car! IT WORKED :) haha Sister Mathews was laughing at me...but hey aleast I didn't use duck tape! ( I didn't want to peal the paint off).

Love Ya'll! Hope that every one can Keep growing in Faith!

Sister Moore!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment