Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I shiver at 75 Degrees Now :D

Yes it is true! 75 Degrees is freezing!!!! haha :) Can you believe it! It has been 1 Month sense I have been home! It really went by so fast! I also have to give credit to the Holy Ghost about the experience from last week! I would not have found Jenifer if it was not for the Holy Ghost! Our Heavenly Father is mindful of us and shows us were we need to go, what we need to do, and who we need to be as long as we listen! However with Jennifer she keeps brushing us off..we gave her our number and it is in her hands now :( A lot has happened this week so bare with me....I have been scolded about not writing about my investigators, or events, that have happened haha :) So I will start with that.

   Mel Sanchez. He is 89 years old. He was a member of the church, but he stopped going. He thought that if he wasnt going he should remove his records :( So Sister Mathews and I had to opportunity to teach him. He loves the gospel! Every time we taught him he would say, "Amen. Amen, Amen, and Amen" haha he is so sweet! He got baptized yesterday :D It was amazing! Sister Mathews and I were in charge of filling the font. The Elders told us it would only take 45 min to 1 hour.....they were wrong....the serves started at 3:30, so we started filling it at 2:30 thinking that would be plenty of time! We were taking a huge orange cooler filling it in the kitchen and dumping it into the font! We barely had enough water for him to get baptized! I felt so bad that an 89 year old man had to bend that far :( While we were filling it with the cooler Bro. Sanchez shook his head and laughed at us haha :) He also...gave me a hug...haha kinda broke a rule...I just stood there haha It was funny!

    Hailey. It took me forever to spell her name right! I kept spelling it like my Haylee Bug haha :) She is 16 and knows the church is true! She wants to get baptized, but her mom says that it is too soon... :( We had a heart to heart with her saying that if she keeps meeting with us she will continue to feel the spirit and it will get her become closer to being baptized! we hope it happens the 1st week of March! :) Keep her in your prayers!! She is amazing! She said she wants to go to school in Utah...so if she does She is going to be my best friend and I will mother her like crazy, but she will love me any way haha :)

    On Saturday ( I guess I'm going backwards haha) We went and "Heart attached" people :) thanks to my sister Andrea for sending me hearts we decided to make some and put them on our Potential Investigators, Investigators, Less Actives, and members homes. We got so many texts and phone calls of thanks! We had not been able to get a hold of Regina for a long time. After we "Heart Attached" here she called us and set up an appointment for us to go help her in her yard!!! BAM!! After we attached the last house we chose to walk around to see if there was anyone the Lord wanted us to meet. We started walking around the block and a couple kids were playing Marco Polo. So I started playing haha as we walking....they didnt think I was too funny....oh well! We continued around the block and met Less! We have a meeting with him Saturday! :D After that we went to dinner at Brother and Sister Grandbaka's! They are awesome! They are recent Converts and love missionaries! They fed us enchiladas that were amazing!!! and a Heart shaped cake with cream cheese frosting :) we might go back over there today to get more cake...it was amazing!!

    Friday, oh Friday.... :) The Lord blesses those that are diligent....all morning, afternoon and evening no one was answering there doors....we knocked on probably 20 or more doors and nothing...we had a member come with us in the evening Sister Minish ( She is about 60-70 and I love her!) We went to a few Less Actives homes...nothing....except one actually haha but she just got home from work and wanted to rest. After we talked to her we decided to try two more less actives....first one...no one answered...by this time I am so exhausted! I just wanted to sleep! But After he didn't answer We got in the car and I said okay lets try another one! We went to a man's house that had the last name Hunter. To be honest I picked him because he was in the area and his name was Hunter haha ( come to find out the Holy Ghost was just prompting me). We went to the house...he didnt live there...but (BUT!!!!!) we Met Robin. She lives there now with her two older boys. She just got over a bad brake up and was looking for hope! She had been talking to a missionary on Facebook that is serving in Utah. He told her to read the Book of Mormon because it will bring you comfort and guidance! So we gave her a Book of Mormon. She was so excited to tell the Missionary! We are going to meet with her Saturday and she said that she wants to come to our church on sunday!! She expressed to us that she has a church that she enjoys going to. But we all know that this is the true church! Once she reads the Book of Mormon and asks our Father in Heaven if it is true....she will totally fall in love with our church! haha :)

   Thursday was Multi Zone. We got together with two or three other zones and President taught us some amazing things about the atonement and sacrament! I highly Encourage reading Jesus the Christ!!! AMAZING!!! We had a car inspection and we wont 3rd place :) Go us! The other sisters told me that never happens on your first car inspection haha I'm just that awesome!

   Wednesday we went and taught a Less active named Patrice. She had been in a terrible car crash..so bad that her jaw was broken...she card hardly talk and the doctors say they might have to brake it again so that it can heal correctly...this happened a year ago!! really people!! Any who because of the pain medication she is on she is tired a lot! We sat down and wanted to show her a video of the restoration, so that she wouldnt have to talk (it's hard for us to understand her). We started the movie and.....she fell asleep haha :) I did not ever think that would happen to me haha :) I wanted to laugh so hard! after the video we went to leave her sleeping but she woke up and walked us out. She always said that she loves Cheese Enchiladas so we went out and bought some for her :) she was so happy!

 Monday and Tuesday I was sore....cross fit is evil....haha but I will do whatever our President asks of us! at least I will do my best haha :)

Well I Love ya'll!! Keep praying! hope to have some exciting stories next week!

Love,
Sister Jackie Leeann Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment