Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Friday, January 23, 2015

Week Two :D


Hey ya'll! This week has gone by so fast, but yet slow as well. I counted and we pray at least 20 times a day! If not more! It is so important to pray to our Heavenly Father! Oh and before I forget rumor is that I can only email family....so I will be sure to send all to my family and I will ask.....hmmm Andrea Jones to help my Father with emailing the rest! haha :) Love you!
Okay so Saturday was pretty awesome but....Sunday was amazing! We had sacrament with our Zone so like maybe 17 people....haha small and personal! After Sacrament we went to Music and the spoken word and had Relief Society! So powerful! We got a new MTC Presidency so the sisters spoke Sister Toth spoke with such love and hope! She said that we need to challenge ourselves! Love her! Sister Fuller ( my companion) sent her a thank you note and gave her one back! so cool! her handwriting is art! Kid you not!
So Monday was Monday. Then Tuesday...that was amazing! We had Elder M. Russell Ballard come talk to us!! So cool! A little back ground first. On of our Investigators, her name is Devan, is really strong in the bible. She is Lutheran and LOVES her bible! We showed her the Book of Mormon Monday she brought up the scripture of Galations 1:8 which says something like let there not be any other doctrine or you shall be punished! I can't remember how we answered but on Tuesday Elder Ballard brought up Galations 1:8! He explains that in that time of the bible is when Christ had returned to Heaven and the people we changing the doctrine so that scripture was meant for that time period when the people were only coming closer to Christ with their mouths and not their hearts! So much was out of Elder Ballard!! awe! The next quick thing I would like to share is that he compared missionaries to apostles! He is merely sharing the word of Gospel just like me! I have grown to love my name tag so much! I almost slept in it one night....and then the next night Sis. Wright and Sister Jacobsen almost did too haha :) It is so cook that I am representing Christ! Love it! The last thing I would like to share from Elder Ballard is that We ALL need to set goals! Every day! longer term goals are great, but if we set goals every day and stretch ourselves then we can truly track our progress! Then every night as you pray tell Heavenly Father everything that you did and tell him that you did your best to complete the goal!
Wednesday....I love Wednesday...:) So Wednesday I got 8 letters from home!!! Thank you all so much!! I love hearing from  you! The Elders check the mail twice a day and every day Elders Jones says, "It's time to go get Sister Moore's mail!" haha I love it! Sense I have been in the MTC I have gotten 13 letters! and that is more than the other missionaries in my District Combined! Keep sending them until I leave! Oh I leave on Tuesday Morning at 3:35 AM Crazy! So dont write me on Dear Elder on Monday! Because I will be in California!! :D Can't wait!
Thursday Was In Field Orientation. The big thing I got out of it was that the Ward works so much with the missionaries! Send missionaries in your ward contacts for them to visit! IT can bless so many lives!! amazing! oh and they had a play for us and guess who was in the live play....Elder Christensen from the Movies the District! He is so cool! He came to your class and talked for a second but he is so fun!
Today is Pday and I still feel like there is so much to tell you! Only an hour on the Computers is not long at all!
Above all the Most important thing is to be converted to Jesus Christ! Have your heart and soul love him! I never expected to have me as my first Convert! I knew that Jesus is my Savior, but through this last week I have truly learned how much my savior loves me! and I love him! Read the Book of Mormon and Pray to know of it's truth!
   Funny things of the week Elder Vernon drank three glasses of OJ.....Now I know that I will not drink it while im here....haha My Companion is from Goshen Utah so 30 minutes away from here. She is allergic to gluten so I get to eat her rolls....I think I have gained wait but I can't really tell...oh and I am having a great time here! I do miss home but as I have my eye single to the glory of God I know that this is where I am suppose to be!
Love ya'll! Hope I can get pictures attached! if not look at the blog www.rcmsm.blogspot.com.
Sister Moore (No I am not used to writing that yet!)

More pictures....






No comments:

Post a Comment