Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wow!!! What A Week!

So I will do my best to tell ya'll what has happened the past two and half weeks! Sorry if I don't get to emailing you back.... A LOT HAS HAPPENED!!!

Tuesday: our first day together! Really I just can't believe that Sister Pielstick and I are back together! I almost had culture stock with all the people here!  I met Ruth she is 96 and can't hear so we literally have to pound on the door for her to hear us. She is so sweet! She gets really tired talking to us so we can only be there for 15-20 mins.

Wed- We went and tried a potential named Lynn. She watched the video and then said, "well I don't see anything wrong with it." haha so funny! Then her and Sister Pielstick clicked and they were sharing glasses, and Lynn was asking her personal questions like: where are you going to school, what are you studying, where she was from, and then in her closing prayer she said, "I am so grateful for these two lovely girls coming and sharing with me. They are really lovely Ladies and they are girls that I wish my son would marry." BAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!! It was so funny :)

Thursday: We had a training meeting for the leaders and such. It was cool to get training and stuff. Really all I get to do is go to meetings and go out with other sisters for a day and learn from one another. I really think I will learn more from them than anything. We had a great lesson with a less active. Sister T. I love her! She is the best!!!!

Friday: We walked for two hours. found MT. View Street. haha then we met Denise! She is so great! She is totally being prepared!!! AWE So many people so little time!

Saturday: Blitz day! We talked to so many people! And Sister Pielstick got so many return appointments and people wanted us to come back! We also taught Archie. He is an older guy that doesnt have teeth, so his fake teeth kinda move around in his mouth when he talks....so it's kinda hard to understand what he is saying. oh well :) Then I met Sister Glass! I love this lady so much! She is so excited to read the Book of Mormon. it has been a while sense she has been to church, but it is all good she will come back for Sister Pielstick's talk tomorrow!!! We also had dinner with the Galdstone's :) Love them! They love the missionaries and just give us so much food!!!!!!

Sunday: Sister Pielstick gave an amazing talk! The ward is so big here!!!! So many people!!! We had lunch at a members :) they gave us tacos then we taught Marcus. Don't really know what to say about him. He wants to get closer to God, so that is a good thing :) Then we had dinner with a family that fosters puppies :) it sounds so much fun!!! Then we taught the Restoration to Alex. He said he would be baptized if he found out this was Christ's Church! So exciting!

Monday: So yeah...emailing didnt work for me....so now off to this week!

Tuesday: We didn't have a meeting everything really kinda fell apart! everyone cancelled....then we had exchanges!!! I went to Mt. View ward in San Jacinto!! It was so great!!! I love the people there so much!!

Wed: It was so good to see so many people! The work is going so great there! It is amazing how much that area has grown! Awe I love them! Sister Pielstick got to be with Sister Parker and they got handed anti :O haha so funny! People just really need to have an open mind :)

Thursday: Ruth turned 97!!!! We made her cookies.

Friday: Exchanges happened again but I was with Sister Jensen :) They have such a great ward

Saturday:  We had a mission conference and met Elder Christofferson! So cool :)

Sunday: Was great! No one came though....

Monday: We had the best day ever! We worked so hard! We picked up two new investigators! Richard (he is meeting with JW's) He is really searching for truth! and Fritz!!!! He is so cool! He is from Germany and is a pilot!!! I can't wait to meet with them again! We then tried a bunch of people oh yeah and we were on bike for a day :) that was fun!

Tuesday: We had ddm! IT was good. yeah sorry this is so rushed!

Wed: Today we are going to the temple so sorry this is so short....that and I forgot what we did because I am behind in my journal! SOrry!!! I love you all but I have to get going so we can go to the temple!!!

I love you all so much !!! hope you have the best week ever!!!
Sister Moore
















No comments:

Post a Comment