Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, January 4, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! LENGUA TACOS!!!




This week was really weird and really short...so yeah haha :)

Last Monday: Was the craziest Monday of my life! By the end of unpacking and dinner...we were so tired....I really just wanted to take a nap! Im just glad it is over and that we live in a really nice place. It is just Sister Pielstick and I now so it is quieter. Which is good :) But it was fun to have roommates for the first time ever :)

Tuesday: I really just feel like I haven't gotten a hold of life yet, but that's okay :) We went out and did the work! We walked for a long time....tried a few less actives and then we went to a lesson which went okay. Cody is really great! He tries so hard. Then we had dinner with the Tanner family. Which was amazing! Their son was home from the Navy with his girlfriend. We shared the new Christmas video with them called "A world without a Savior" The whole time the  girlfriend was just listening to us with wide eyes and she really seemed interested in what we were saying! I hope that some day she finds the gospel in her life and is able to join the church :) Then later that night we did some service, and got some free clothes :) Well Sister Pielstick got free clothes because there is no way that I was going to fit in size 3 pants! haha

Wednesday: We taught Kenny who we have been teaching on and off now for a few weeks. When we came he told us that he needed a new copy of The Book of Mormon because his cousins hid the last one from him....I was really upset! He really wanted to read! So we gave him another copy and I hope he reads it! We then tried some less actives and then had to make a doctors appointment. No worries not for me :) it was just a check up for Sister Pielstick. A member came and picked us up and then we got ice cream because we needed a pick-me-up. then we walked....and walked...and then we met a family that seems really promising! Can't wait to go back there next week!

Thursday: This day was really a joke....we had DDM for only an hour and a half, and I learned something amazing....are you ready for this......There is a new Elder by the name of Elder Thacker....some of you may know him because well he is from HOOPER!!! WHAT!!! WE were talking and he knows a lot of people I know and he even went shooting in our back yard! WHAT!!!!! I got so excited :) It was a great time! Then we went to a Bob Davis Lunch that took 3 hours!! THEN We planned for 3 HOURS!!! Then it was time for dinner which was so much fun they gave us games to play because it was new years eve, and then we went to the stake center and played games.

Friday: We had to clean until around 10 in the morning. Every new years day we do a deep clean which went great! then we got studying and then we went to work walking and talking for 2 hours :) Then we taught a part member family and they promised to come to church :) The member of the family came to church!!

Saturday: We tried LENGUA tacos (tongue tacos) and Tripas tacos (milk intestine tacos) and Cabeza tacos (neck and head tacos) I couldn't handle the Tripas....it looked too much like intestines....but the Lengua was good :) and now I know how to cook tongue so dad no need to through out the tongue! It tastes really good and it takes about 2 hours to cook....maybe three....but I will cook it when I get home :) also tongue costs like $20 a tongue! WHAT!!! crazy stuff :) we went walking and then we stopped at  a few less actives....and the Sister Pielstick didn't feel well. We went to dinner, but she didn't eat anything...so we came home early and she fell asleep as we were planning....poor thing...then Sister Mullen (mission president's wife) Called us and told us that we had to stay home from church....

Sunday: I about lost my mind! I should have found team ups or something! any who I started to study, but then my brain hurt after about an hour and a half (Isiah is really hard to understand....) then I honestly don't remember what I did...but I do remember that I tried to make Ice cream :) It tasted really good too! But We didn't have ice...so I just put it in the freezer! I'm excited!

Monday: I was so excited to get out :) It was so great! :) It is great to hear from all of you, and I hope all is going well. I know that I am meant to be here serving a mission. I LOVE THE WORK!!!

Love ya'll
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment