Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, May 11, 2015

1st Mothers Day!!!!!


Wow Calling home is an experience all on its own! I didn't realize how much I missed my family until I saw them. I knew that this would be hard, and I am continuing on in faith! My purpose as a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping the receive the restored gospel and faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. How great is my calling!!!

Tuesday: we were biking close to all day! and we were close to the church so we went there for a bathroom brake. On our way out we saw a car in the parking lot. which is weird because here they lock the parking lot. We go over and we meet a woman named Christine (no not my aunt haha). She had been going through some hard times, and just needed to talk to someone. as we talked to her I could tell she felt better. We gave her a book of mormon and told her it would bring her comfort. She then told us that she had seen the book before and even was in Salt Lake and took a tour! WHAT!!! She hasn't called us back yet.....but we are still hopeful!

Wednesday: We walked...and walked....and walked....and then walked some more. With very little success in finding people to teach. There are a lot of active Part Member Families in this ward. We really need to get into their homes!!

Thursday: Still a lot more finding with very little success.....our faith in God is being tested! we had dinner with the Chase family. they are hilarious! they are a young couple that hasn't been married too long, and they love having us over!

Friday: We had a meeting with our Zone! IT was so AMAZING!!!! Elder Haslem and Elder Heelis did an amazing job! They following the spirit and really helped motivate me to go forward with faith! Elder Haslem said something along the lines of "this isnt a once in a life time opportunity. This opportunity only happens once through out eternity" WHAT!!!! Seriously! I can never be here on a mission every again! I will forever look back at these 18 months, so I need to do everything I can to help people come closer to Christ through Baptism!!!

Saturday: was honestly a blur....mothers day was coming closer....we tried to find! We really did try!

Sunday: this day went by way to fast! Talking to all of my family was the best gift ever! It is crazy to see how much people change in only 4 months!!! awe I have been out 4 months!!! We tried to find people to teach, but our minds were just not able to focus....We ended up walking with no success, but we tried!!! Then we had dinner with the Evan's family after we skyped our families! The Evan's are so amazing!

Monday: P-day we went with sister Young to take her dog to the vet. she has a tore something or other....Hope the dog can pull out of it okay.  the rest of the day I really just need to sleep. Yesterday wore me out!

Love you all! I know that we are given hard things to help us become who we need to be! I love you all and will see you at Christmas time! which is in......(counting).......7ish months! better start shopping haha ;)

Love you!
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment