Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, June 27, 2016

"I didn't bring my towel this week." -Fritz

This last week went by so slow...but yet here we are at Monday again haha :) We had quite the adventure this week :) I hope I can remember everything that Happened!!!

Monday: We got to play games with the Bess family!!! I love playing games so much!!! awe it was fun :)
Tuesday: We had DDM and it was good....don't really have too much to say.....and then we went home and lunch then went out to work! Later we went to see Fritz and we taught him about the Word of Wisdom. He said that he will live it after he gets baptized. We invited him to live the Word of Wisdom now so that he could get blessings and he said, "You will have to follow up with me." So we had to follow up on Thursday :) We had dinner with the Petitt family! They are so awesome! It was really good food :) Burgers on the Grill. Then we tried a few people, but didn't have much luck....

Weds: We met with a lady named Lorana. She is really sweet and just lost her mother about a year ago. She is now taking care of her father. She seems really nice :) and then we taught Bob. Bob is really sweet and loves to talk....we invited him to be baptized. He said YES! But then we tried to put him on date and he said, "I want to get baptized in a Christian Church." We are a Christian Church! haha We go back tonight so we get to read with him and see if he has gotten an answer. We had dinner with the Dephelepo family. ( I might be spelling that wrong) She is so sweet!!! and then we went seeking with faith (walking and talking to people).

Thursday: We had a meeting in Riverside...found out that we will be loosing our car for a couple of days..... :/ it needs to get fixed....it's all good! we had dinner with a cute young couple and they invited Fritz to come!!!! We talked about Tithing and he was like yeah I will totally pay tithing!!! He is so prepared!!! We forgot to follow up on coffee so we did that Friday. Later Thursday night we taught the Jones family. They are very interested in deep Doctrine questions...which really doesn't help them build their testimonies...I hope that some day they will be willing to open their hearts and ask Heavenly Father if it is true!!! UGH!!! They are the best people though....I love them so much!!!

Friday: Was the day I have been dreading my whole mission....I had my exit interview......Before my Mission President walked in the door I was crying...uhh.....I really don't want to leave!!! After the interview I was talking with Sister Pielstick and I just felt a huge weight had been lifted.....for the first time ever I finally feel okay with coming home....I still don't want to, but I feel okay about it now.... any who we had a team up later that day. Eden is 16 and she is so adorable!! We talked with her mom on Sunday and she said, "My daughter now has the desire to serve a mission. Thank you so much for asking her to come out with us!" Anyone who is thinking about serving a mission go out with the missionaries!! It will change your life!!!!! then we taught Fritz the Law of Chastity. and we followed up about coffee :) He threw away his coffee maker!!!! :D and he doesn't have a girlfriend so that's good :) We went over the the Petitt's house to teach them one last time before their son Bryce gets baptized!!! They are such a cute family!!!

Saturday: Fritz got interviewed and he is found worthy for baptism!!!! :D July 3rd!!! This coming Sunday!!!! I can't wait!!! We also taught Trey.....he just doesn't want to give up something that makes him happy.....but the gospel will make you happier!!! Any who so we had to play that day and then we ate dinner with a part-member family. They were really sweet!!!

Sunday: Church was the best!!! During Sacrament Meeting I was reading D&C 20:37 and Fritz leaned over and gestured that he want to read what I was reading. After He read it he nodded and smiled :) and then in Sunday School he was sitting next to a guy that said, "Have the missionaries taught you about Joseph Smith. [yes we have...we have been teaching him for a month or so now.]" Then later the guy said, "We could fill up the font and baptize you today." Fritz said, "I didn't bring my towel this week." haha and that is when the guy found out that he was getting baptized next week haha it was so sweet! Also in class he was just sharing his thoughts and they were so powerful! The bishop taught the class and he said, "don't worry Fritz you will be a teacher one day." And then Elder Thacker [we share the ward] wrote me a note that said, "Did you find him while Seeking with faith [walking and talking]?" and I nodded yes and I started to tear up! Fritz is so amazing!!! I can't wait to see him make a covenant with Heavenly Father!!!

Monday: Today we went to the beach :) by Lake Elsinore! We couldn't go in the water, but the sand felt so nice :)  awe it was so awesome!!!

Well I hope you have the best week ever!!! I love you all!!!

Sister Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment