Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, March 7, 2016

Googly eyes, puppies, chickens in trees, and a banana





Hey Ya'll! I love you so much and hope you had the best week ever! This week has been kinda weird, but hey what is mission life without a weird moment.

Monday: Monday night we ate dinner with a member who raises puppies :) They are so cute! :)




Tuesday: We had DDM and we also had a training by Elder Puskas our Car guy :) He is so great! It was fun! We also got to meet Elder Cook he is going to be replacing Elder Puskas. So crazy how time goes by so fast! Then we had had another training from the ASL elders. it is really funny seeing them because one of them thinks that I sign fluently.....which is a lie....but it's fun to talk with them :) then we got home and had lunch and one of my companions got sick....and so we didnt get a lot done...... :/

Wednesday: We had a blessed opportunity to go to Riverside for a doctors appointment :) We woke up at 5:30 and got ready :) I didn't leave the mission this time and I didn't use a GPS :) YEAH!!! While at Riverside I saw Sister Mcchulloch :) it was so great! I love her so much!! Then we went home....didn't really talk to a lot of people....but later that night the Elders came over to give one of my companions a blessing. As she was being blessed our front door opened on it's own....so weird.....it freaked us all out! So funny!!

Thursday: We had so many appointments, and we also went on splits! It was so great! I went with a recent convert named Sarah to a lesson with Aveley. Aveley is 13 and her brother and father just got baptized! She knows the church is true, but her mother is holding her back :( She is so sweet! We also started talking about hunting and shooting guns and stuff...:) it made me happy and they brought out guns for me to shoot....but I couldn't shoot them.....it was sad! But it was a good bonding moment. While I was there my other two sweet companions taught Linda. She is so ready! She is going to be baptized on March 20th and she is so excited! I love teaching her and I love that she loves us! AWE :D later that night we taught Bear :) I love that guy so much! He is so sweet! He is still working towards baptism. He is moving a long quite well :)

Friday: We planned....and after dinner :) I got my hair cut! It isn't shorter or anything but it is even!!!! I almost cried for joy because it was so bad...it has almost been a year since my last hair cut, I was in Corona with Sister Springer! Crazy how time goes by so fast!!





Saturday: We had a training on the Easter video that should be coming out soon. We were taught how to use it and so on....it was cool :) then we took our car in to get fixed, and while we waited we went to this cute little place called Polly's Pies, it was so good! We ate lunch and then I saw the banana sign :) it was cute! Then we went back at the car shop.....and we waited.....and waited.....and waited....and we were there for 5 hours! I was going crazy! But I only bought one pair of pants :) they are so comfy :) then after that 5 hours from you know where......we went out and tried a few people, and ended up getting in with a member and it took way too long, but we got to try vegan cheese....it's not real cheese.....it's just not the same.... Then we went home....

Sunday: Was so awesome!!! Bear was there and Aveley was there and so was Linda :) We introduced her to the bishop and she was so excited! She shared with the Relief Society about how the Lord sent us to her when she needed help and peace :) it was so sweet! We walked :) and then had dinner with the Jones. It was great! then it was time for a meeting and such.....so yeah

That is pretty much our week :) We found Googly eyes outside of our apartment and we also found a chicken hiding in a tree :) it was really funny! I love you all so much and I pray that all of you had a great week!

Love
Sister Moore





No comments:

Post a Comment