Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, July 25, 2016

(no subject)

I can not even explain how fast time flies!! Last week really just feels like a dream!

Tuesday: We had Multi-Zones and we got to do a training :) also...I didn't take very many pictures....sorry :) but we learned a lot about how we need to have our faith increase, and how we need to work harder and smarter! We taught a training on contacting referrals and we handed out snacks :) It was so fun! I think the other missionaries liked it! I mean they got fruit snacks for crying out loud! After the meeting.....President and Sister Mullen came out with us.....they took us to appointments...well only one appointment....we tried to contact people too.....it was so scary! But I lived! We had a home visit with Sister DePhillipo and her non-member neighbor came over! It was so cool! Sister DePhillipo asked her neighbor last min too and she said she could come! It as so great! But nerve wrecking.....

Wednesday: So many appointments so little time! We met with Hycient, and he told us, "if the bible tells me to worship on the Sabbath I will get rid of the bible." Right as he said that I closed my scriptures...I was turned to Acts 20:7..... and then I was thinking about it and  really the foundation of our testimony should be on Jesus Christ....not on the Sabbath day! Ugh! And then we went to try a few people....after we tried a potential....we turned around and tried to talk to a person down the street. As we are trying to talk to this guy a ravaging dog came running at us!!! It goes around me and goes after Sister Pielstick!!!!! He grabbed her skirt (which she bought for 50 cents at a yard sale. She almost changed, but she didn't....good thing because the dang dog could have gotten her leg!!) ran around her let go and ran back to it's owner....I think angels were protecting me and then hit the dog when it got Sister Pielstick! I don't even know man!
  We taught Fritz later that day! He is so great! We also taught the Barnett family :) and Terry....our investigator paused us.....and then told me he wanted to set me up with his son...thanks....but no thanks.....

Thursday: We had planning.....and we taught Hosea Smith (pause for laughter) Yes that is his name and if you don't get it I'm sorry. He is really cool! He wants to change his life around! We also taught a part member family! Their son Kyler isn't a member and he really wants to be baptized! We also had dinner with the Jones family! FISH! YUMMM!!! That night we exchanged with Sister Roberts :) We spilled water on her planner... oops :)

Friday: So much to do so little time! I feel like that is everyday as a missionary! we went walking in the morning and then we had a meeting with President Mullen and Sister Mullen, then we ran to an appointment that wasn't there. and tried a lot of people! We must find those that the Lord has prepared! and we had studies and then we had dinner :) Hawaiian Haystacks :) and then we went to see Sister Kuhn-Marryfield. She is 90 years old and can't go to church because she broke her back! She is so funny! Then we walked a little later and found a family that said we could come back!

Saturday: That morning we had a blitz :D  then we taught Dominic (may have spelt that wrong). He has a lot of questions! Then we tried a few people...then lunch...and studies...then trying more people.....then we went to our Stake Pioneer Day party! It was fun! Really focused on pioneers :)  Then trying more people...and seeking with faith :D

Sunday: So great! we went Seeking with faith before church....then church....then we had lunch and studies...then dinner with the Bess's :D Then we tried people and went on splits! I should have taken a picture! Hallie is 16 has purple hair and we went walking. After a few people she started talking to them! She is going to be a great missionary!

Monday: We had a bbq with our Zone :D It was so much fun!

Well I hope that you all have a great week!

Love
Sister Moore














No comments:

Post a Comment