Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Monday, October 5, 2015

I AM TRANSFERRED!!!

I am getting Transferred to Hemet again :D I am so excited! It will be a different ward, but really close to my first area! I will also be training again! A new missionary from the MTC! I don't know the area....so I will be learning right a long side her! It will be interesting and I am grateful for your prayers! I will miss Corona...so much! I won't tell you home much I have cried....but I know that it will be for the best! I look forward to coming back and visiting all of these people! They are a part of my heart and I will never let them out!

Tuesday: Last District Meeting in Corona. An elder was also going home so we sang "God be with you tell me meet again" He almost cried! any who we went and and saw a few less actives.....crazy story so one of our less actives is in the hospital....he might lose his foot! Crazy right! any who after we visited him we were able to go to another family. As we were walking outside we ran into a new potential investigator! Then we went to dinner with the Jacob's family :) I love them! Their son had a few none member friends there so we were able to challenge them to read the Book of Mormon! We went to a Part-Member family and we were able to teach the husband who is a non-member! He has a lot of questions and I can't wait to see them get baptized!

Wednesday: We were able to teach a new investigator on the street next to his house. It went well then we found out that Zoey (she is a young woman that isn't a member, but her dad is, and her mom doesn't want her to get baptized!) Crazy story...We will pray for her!

Thursday: We planned...and planned again....haha then we went out..and taught...then we had dinner with the Avalos family! then we walked to an appointment with the Spanish Elders. Last Monday we contacted and taught a Spanish woman. Monday:We were walking to Sister Young's house after dinner then we saw these two people sitting outside! It was probably the worst contact I have ever made! We walked passed and I said, "The weather is lovely isn't it!?" the guy said, "Yes it is very nice." I stopped and asked, "Do you come out and sit here often?" (See I told you it was bad) Then we asked if we could share a message about Christ, and he said yes! His mom went and turned on a light asked us if we wanted a Beer (hehe ;) then we sat down. The man asked if we could speak Spanish, but we can't...so we just shared with them how much God loves them, we asked if we could start with a prayer, they said yes. After I said the prayer the Mom stood up gave me a hug, then Sister McCulloch, then her son a hug. They just cried! I don't really know why, but I could tell they were having a hard time.  Sister McCulloch shared with them Ether 12:27 and wow :) The spirit was so strong! We asked if we could come back, they said yes. But then we asked if they would like Spanish speaking missionaries. They said that would be great! So we left them with a prayer. We stood in a Circle and prayed The mom Prayed in Spanish and it was so amazing! I have no Idea what she said, but after her son turned to us and said, "She said that she was grateful that you guys stopped by." Man what a blessing! And we almost walked passed their house! Then the mom said, "I will come to your church this Sunday!" So back to Thursday: We wanted to meet with the Mom and the Spanish Elders so that they wouldn't get freaked out or anything. But she wasn't home... :( oh well!

Friday: I was so tired!  We taught so many people in such a short time.. then we went out with Sister Wilbert and we got Santo's to commit to come to church SUNDAY!! and He said he would be baptized!!! Dang!

Saturday: I found out this morning that I was Training :) I thought for sure that Sister McCulloch would have gotten the call....But then I found out that I was leaving! Crazy!! any who Conference was great!

Sunday: I hate saying good bye..It sucks! I cry too much! SANTOS came to church! awe it felt so good!!! awe :) But then the rest of the night I just packed and said good bye! \

Well that is really it :) I look forward to meeting my new companion on Wednesday! and getting to know more people in Hemet! I love this new challenge, but I am also scared to death! But it will make me stronger!!

I love this work! and I hope that you all had a great week!

Love,
Sister Moore


This is a picture from a birthday party last week :) it was fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment