Sister Moore's Address

Sister Jackie Leeann Moore
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave
Riverside, CA 92504-1328
United States 

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It's March!

I hope that all is well back home! It is raining like crazy here! Sorry I haven't been taking very many pictures....I hope to get better on that haha :)

Monday:
   I wrote 15 letters home last week! So I am trying to get to everyone! It took two hours! So please be patient haha. Besides that we taught Family Home Evening to the Bond family. They are members, and their father is 2nd Counselor to the Bishop. Their grandmothers name is Leeann Moore Jones....and she is from Ogden Utah...I thought it was weird haha any who! We then went and visited some Less Active members who were happy to see us!

Tuesday:
   Sister Mathews stayed home with Sister Elliot (our home share) while Sister Coeman ( a member of our ward) and I went out to teach! We taught a Less Active named Jerry. He is very sweet! He is trying to come back to church and we taught him on friday! It went great! We Also taught Hailey we had to change her baptism date....but do not fear!! It is on Friday the 13th haha :) We had dinner with the Storm Family. We gave them a Book of Mormon to hand out to a friend and their 7 year old little boy started to name all of his friends because he wanted to give the Book of Mormon out! It was awesome! Then we went to see the Herrera Family. On our way in we met a tall man named Richard who is the Herrera's neighbor. We taught the Herrera family about how important it is to know their neighbors, they ended up talking to Richard and inviting him to church! AWESOME!! We also had a meeting that day. Our District Leader Elder Haslum taught that we should be asking for trials because trials are what make us stronger!

Wednesday:
   We had dinner with the Gass Family. They love us so much! We ended up staying double the time we were suppose to.....yeah we repented...they are just so easy to talk to! After dinner we went to teach the Bogel Family they might be a Part Member Family....but I'm not sure....we are going to ask! The wife that is not a member seemed to be accept the restoration!

Thursday:
    We read taught William! I love this cute man! he is 84 and at the first lesson I was worried that he didnt read..or pray...BUT he did! He even had questions! He is looking forward to being baptized! It will take some time to teach him everything. However, he feels the spirit when we teach and when he CAME TO CHURCH!!!! He is just awesome! Thursday night we had Companion exchanges....I was so nervious.....I went out with Sister Pfile(just say file)...I hardly slept  that night! I kept thinking about our investigators and who we were going to teach!

Friday:
   Was awesome! We taught six lessons in 7 hours! Most of them were Less Actives, but we also taught Hailey again. She is ready to be baptized! Everything went well with Sister Pfile. I learned that I need to remember to ask everyone we talk to if they know anyone that would be interested in hearing a message about our savior! Sister Fisher (a less active) was one of the people we taught. She was so sweet! I love her! She gave me a little dish that looked like angel wings and said, "this way you will always be in the hands of an angel" She is just super awesome!

Sautrday:
    I got sick....it's just a cough and I hope it stays that way....haha so I rested a lot on this day....I didn't like it....Sister Mullen just called...(our mission president's wife) She told me to rest....and stay in...this might kill me.....but I will do as she tells me too :)

Sunday:
    We had 3 Investigators come to church! One of them was a former investigator. But we still had 3! I went to dinner with the Rex family while Sister Mathews went to a baptism in Anza. Sister Rex (Bishop's wife) was my companion. I had every intention of going out and working with Sister Minish (a member in the ward) but Sister Mathews "forgot" to leave the keys for me...I guess it was better that way so that I could stay home and rest.....:(

I hope all is well! I love you all! I love emails and hand written letters! I know this church is the true church! I am helping others come unto Christ by Faith in him and his Atonement! And also Helping people get baptized by the proper authority of God!
Miss you all! Keep me in your prayers so that I can get over this dumb cold! You all are in my prayers!!!
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment